With Fundamentals of Medium/Heavy Duty Diesel Engines, CDX delivers a complete teaching and learning system that is truly unparalleled. The following student resources are available:
CDX Medium/Heavy Vehicle Online, 2014 NATEF Edition
You can deliver a customized, engaging learning experience that covers exactly what your students need to know with CDX Medium/Heavy Vehicle Online. CDX Medium/Heavy Vehicle Online, 2014 NATEF Edition includes current, concise content based on the latest medium and heavy vehicle training standards and features:
- An integrated Fundamentals of Medium/Heavy Duty Diesel Engines ebook and audio book
- A media gallery that makes it easy to access all videos, animations, images, skill drills, and other assets in one area.
- Improved Tasksheet Tracking and reporting tools.
- Skill Drill presentations that provide written step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important skills and procedures
- Over 300 theoretical and procedural videos designed to explain important concepts and demonstrate proper task completion
- Over 100 interactive animations that allow students to observe the inner workings of the components and systems while they are operating; disassemble the component assemblies to see how they are constructed; and see how systems react when there are faults present.
- Scorable DVOM experiments that report back to your online gradebook.
The Student Workbook contains exercises to reinforce what students will learn in both Fundamentals of Medium/Heavy Duty Diesel Engines and the classroom. It is designed to encourage critical thinking and aid comprehension through a variety of exercises in each chapter, including:
- ASE-Type Questions – Test your critical thinking skills and prepare for certification exams.
- Skill Drill Activities – Test skills with photo jumbles and caption fill-ins. Place photos in the correct order to test your knowledge of a skill and fill-in the captions to ensure that you know all the details of each step.
- Labeling – Master visual recognition with labeling activities that test your knowledge of automotive tools, parts, and systems.
- And More- Matching, multiple choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, and crossword puzzles.
Medium/Heavy Truck Tasksheet Manual for NATEF Proficiency
The Medium/Heavy Truck Tasksheet Manual for NATEF Proficiency, 2014 NATEF Edition is designed to guide students through the tasks necessary to meet National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) requirements for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification. Based on the new 2014 National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Medium/Heavy Truck Tasks Lists, this manual will assist students in demonstrating hands-on performance and proficiency in fundamentals, diagnosis, service, and repair of medium and heavy vehicles. It can also serve as a personal portfolio of documented experience for prospective employment.
Medium/Heavy Truck Tasksheet Manual for NATEF Proficiency includes:
- List of required and recommended materials and equipment for each task
- Critical safety issues relevant to the task
- Student Notes boxes offering vital information the student needs to consider while performing the task
- Time Card feature to allow students to track the time they spend on each task
- Performance rating and instructor sign-off for each task
- A correlation guide cross-referencing the tasks with their NATEF task numbers